2020 Lexus RX
*****Image Shown is 2019 Model
2020 Acura MDX vs. 2020 Lexus RX
9-speed automatic transmission
8-speed automatic electronically controlled transmission
Comparing the 2020 Acura MDX vs. Lexus RX is a great place to start if you’re searching for an SUV that will satisfy the whole family. After all, both models offer seating for up to seven passengers to travel comfortably on the roads near Carlsbad, and they start with similar prices, too. However, once you’ve taken a close look at these rivals, we’re sure you’ll agree that the MDX is a superior option.
Acura MDX vs. Lexus RX: Pricing and Value
The Lexus RX 350 starts at $44,150 MSRP, while the MDX starts at $44,500 MSRP*. Why would you pay the slightly higher price tag attached to the Acura? The following points make it clear that our model offers a lot more value:
- The MDX comes standard with 12-way power front seats with heating, while the RX only comes with 8-way power front seats. You’ll need to pay extra for heated front seats.
- Only the MDX offers up to 90.9 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats flat. The RX can only store about 56.3 cubic feet of cargo under similar conditions.
Acura MDX vs. Lexus RX: Fuel Economy and Performance
If you’ve already compared the Acura MDX to the INFINITI QX60 or the smaller Acura RDX, then you already know that the 3-row MDX is a performance powerhouse. As you’ll see below, this match-up is no different! Although the RX is close competition, the MDX has a clear edge:
- With the right equipment, the Acura MDX can tow up to 5,000 pounds. Although the RX has an engine of identical size, it can only tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- The RX comes with an 8-speed 8-speed automatic electronically-controlled transmission. The MDX includes a 9-Speed automatic transmission as well as Sequential SportShift Paddle Shifters, ensuring a more exciting drive.
- Although the RX can be optioned with all-wheel drive, only the MDX offers Acura Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive™, a torque-vectoring system that delivers superior control on the roads of San Diego and Temecula.
Test Drive the Acura MDX and More at Acura of Escondido
We already know that you’ll love how you feel behind the wheel of the new Acura MDX, but don’t just take our word for it. Get in touch with us today to set up your test drive, learn more about the Acura MDX towing features, and find out how to get more out of every San Diego-area drive.
*Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license or destination and handling charge. Destination & Handling charge for sedans (excluding PMC Edition) and SUVs (excluding PMC Edition) is $1,025.00. Destination & Handling charge for PMC Edition models and NSX is $1,995.00. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
**Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.