How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
If you are looking to sell your car in the San Diego area, you basically have two choices; sell it privately or sell it directly to a dealership. Selling a vehicle on your own can be time-consuming while selling to a dealership like Acura of Escondido is quick, convenient, and hassle-free. So, how does selling your car to a dealership work? Our finance specialists are here to guide you through the process.
How to Sell a Car at a Dealership: Preliminary Steps
When selling your car to a dealership, there are a few things you can do in advance that can help you to get the best possible price. These preliminary steps include:
- Preparing the Car for Sale: You want your car to look its best, so washing the vehicle and cleaning and vacuuming the interior is essential. Make sure to remove all personal items and consider making minor repairs, such as replacing burned-out bulbs, damaged floor mats, etc. You can leave more extensive repairs to the dealer since it will cost them less to fix.
- Listing the Benefits Of Your Car: A list of all features and any accessories you have added to the vehicle will help to increase the value of your vehicle and make it more attractive to the dealership.
- Gathering the Necessary Documents: Have the title, registration, and any outstanding loan information on hand for the dealership, as this will help streamline the process. You may also want to bring any service records in order to show that the car has been kept up to date with required maintenance.
- Valuing Your Trade: You should know how much the car is worth before you attempt to sell it to a dealership. Acura of Escondido offers an online CARFAX Vehicle Acquisition tool, which can give you an estimate on the value of your car in seconds. You can also find similar tools at Edmunds and Kelley Blue Book.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Once you have the vehicle ready for sale, all the paperwork gathered, and have a value estimate, you’re prepared to visit %%di_name%. How does selling your car to a dealership work? Here’s what to expect when you sell your car to Acura of Escondido:
- Make an Appointment: Contact us to set up an appointment. This will ensure that our team is ready when you arrive.
- Used Car Manager: Our used car manager or a salesperson will collect your information and run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: We will have one of the technicians in our Service Center inspect the appearance and mechanical condition of the vehicle.
- Receive an Offer: Based on our inspection and the results of the vehicle history report, we will make you an offer. You can then either choose to negotiate or accept our offer and finalize the deal.
Benefits of Selling Your Car to a Dealership
There are a number of advantages to selling a car at a dealership. Some of the benefits of selling your car to Acura of Escondido include:
- Convenience: In order to sell your car privately, you’ll have to list the vehicle online, deal with inquiries, arrange test drives, haggle over price, and handle all of the paperwork. The whole process can take weeks or even months. When you sell to Acura of Escondido, it will only take an hour or so, and we’ll take care of all the paperwork for you!
- Lower Your New Car Price: If you want to trade in your car for an exciting new Acura, you can apply your current vehicle’s value towards your new vehicle purchase to offset the price and lower your monthly payments.
- Save on Taxes: When you trade in your car for a new or used vehicle at Acura of Escondido, you will only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new or used car.
Visit Acura of Escondido to Sell Your Car Today!
Now that you have a better idea of how to sell a car to a dealership near San Diego, and how selling a car to a dealership works, come on down to Acura of Escondido to get the best price for your vehicle today! We are always interested in adding quality cars, trucks, and SUVs to our used vehicle inventory, and we’re prepared to pay you the fair market value on the spot. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
More from Acura of Escondido
The long-awaited Acura TLX Type S is back, and San Diego understandably have some questions about what this vehicle will look like, especially when it comes to the color options. Explore the Acura TLX color options of the Type S with Acura of Escondido to see how you can customize this vehicle inside and out, and then…
When you think of Acura, the first thing that comes to mind is luxury and performance, elevating your commute around San Diego! However, one of the most impressive features is the Acura MDX towing capacity. The new MDX can haul around 5,000 pounds when properly equipped, especially with the capable AWD system. Learn more about…
The Acura brand is renowned for its luxury features around Escondido and beyond. The 2021 Acura TLX includes several trim packages to make your drives around San Diego more enjoyable. Acura of Escondido brings you this guide to the 2021 Acura TLX Technology Package, which provides access to your favorite mobile apps, includes navigation for Temecula streets and a host of driver-assist systems. Learn more here about the 2021 Acura TLX Technology Package features and then head to Acura of Escondido for a demonstration and to get behind the wheel of a new Acura TLX.